The Orientation Council
The institute has an orientation council consisting of / from:
- Two representatives of the Republic Presidency;
- The Minister of National Defense or his representative;
- The Minister of Foreign Affairs or his representative;
- The Minister of Interior or his representative;
- The Minister in charge of economy or his representative;
- The Minister in charge of education or his representative;
- The Minister in charge of scientific research or his representative;
- The Minister of industry or his representative;
- The Minister in charge of Energy or his representative.
The Ministers representatives must occupy, at least, the position of Central Manager enjoying prerogatives to engage the authority that they represent.
The orientation council selects a president among its members.
The Institute’s Managing Director is a member of orientation council’s law, but cannot take the presidency in charge.
The orientation council fixes the program of study and research.
It deliberates and formulates recommendations about any matter affecting the institute’s function, especially:
- The works planning;
- Budget and financial management;
- The cooperation program;
- The yearly report.
The orientation council shall adopt its internal rules.
The orientation council’s secretary is ensured by the institute.
Under the president’s notice to attend, the orientation council is held twice in the year in ordinary session.
It is held in extraordinary session upon its president’s request.
The president fixes the agenda and, at least eight days before the meeting, transmit it, as well as any relevant document, to the council’s members.
The orientation council will be validly held if two thirds (2/3) of its members are present.
If the quorum is not reached in the first meeting, a second meeting will be held in the following fortnight: in this case, the council is validly held whatever the number of present members.
The council’s works are validated by virtue of minutes.
The Managing Director
The institute is run by a Managing Director appointed by a presidential decree.
The Managing Director manages the institute’s activities.
As such, he is charged of:
- Supervising the work of all the institute’s structures and organs.
- exercising hierarchical and management power towards all the staff
- Appointing and terminating functions of agents occupying a position for which another appointment method is not stipulated.
- Suggesting, developing programs, activities and see to their implementation;
- Assessing the institute needs in human, material and financial resources and take all steps to satisfy them;
- Preparing the institute budget draft.
The institute Managing Director is the organizer of the institute’s budget.
The institute Managing Director addresses to the President of the Republic, the President of the National People’s Assembly and the Head of Government, the institute’s work results.
The services organization
The institute is equipped with four (04) departments of research and supporting research.
The Department is the frame of defining and implementing studies, programs of studies researches focusing on a set of related themes. It also represents, at the same time, the privileged place of knowledge’s accumulation and analysis methods in the concerned fields.
The Department is run by a Head appointed by a presidential decree by virtue of the institute Managing Director’s proposal.
The heads of departments are responsible, each within his attributions, for the animation and the coordination of the following department’s activities:
- The research department in strategies of economic and social development, political institutions evolution and institutional systems transformation;
- The research department of international relations and defense;
- The research department of cultural, educational, technological, development and communications;
- The department of documentation and information processing.
The research department is organized according to research programs. Each research program is coordinated by a research and studies director having, at the disposal, studies, research Responsibles and analysts who are necessary to implement the program.
The studies and research directors are appointed by a presidential decree by virtue of the institute Managing Director’s proposal.
The studies, research managers and analysts are appointed by the institute Managing Director’s decision.
The department of documentation and data processing Consists of:
- The direction of documentation;
- The direction of management and information processing.
The direction of documentation consists of:
- The press and periodicals processing
- Department of managing documentary funds.
- Translation and interpreting department.
The direction of management and information processing consists of:
- Department of data bank management;
- Department of operation.
A management of foreign relations and scientific animation is established.
The management of foreign relations and scientific animation consists of:
- The foreign relations department;
- The department of publications and scientific events organization.
The institute is equipped with a direction of administration and means, consisting of:
- A staff and finance department
- A department of means
- A health and safety department.
The Institute’s Managing Director is assisted by a Secretary-General, in charge of animating, coordinating administrative and technical services for research support. He owns, for this purpose, the signature delegation.
The Secretary-General is also in charge of representing the institution in its relations with different national or foreign organizations in terms of administrative and financial management acts.
The Secretary General is appointed by a presidential decree by proposition of the institute’s Managing Director.
The internal organization and attributions of the aforesaid structures are fixed by the institute’s Managing Director Decision.
The scientific Council
The institute’s Managing Director is assisted by a Scientific Council in order to assess the quality of analysis and research works.
The Scientific Council, in which the Institute’s Managing Director is a member, consists of Heads of departments and scientists appointed by the institute’s Managing Director.
The Scientific Council elects its president among its members; the president must not be elected from the institute’s staff
The Scientific Council fixes its internal rules.
The ad hoc Committees
For studying specific issues, Ad hoc committees can be created, within the institute, on the initiative of the Managing Director or upon the orientation council’s recommendation.
Consultants and Experts
The Institute’s Managing Director may appeal to consultants and experts services, whose remuneration is fixed in accordance with the regulations in force.
The necessary credits for the functioning and equipment of the institute are yearly mentioned in the state budget (services of the Republic Presidency).
The institute’s resources shall consist of:
- Subsidies approved by the State, public bodies and collectivities;
- Contracts product, publications sales and other possible services;
- International subsidies approved by the State;
- Donations and legacies.
All the other resources are realized in accordance with laws and regulations in force.
The Institute’s Managing Director prepares the annual forward looking statements of incomes and expenditures. He engages and liquids expenditure operations.
In accordance with laws and regulations in force, the institute accounting is effectuated by an accountant appointed or approved by the Minister in charge of Finance.
The designation of the Managing Director’s institute or departments’ heads is respectively substituted for that of the institute’s director and section’s responsibles, stipulated by the aforesaid Decree No. 90-228 of July 25th, 1990.
The functions of research and studies directors, in the Institute, are classified and remunerated according to the higher functions and studies directors’ State.
The tasks of the institute’s studies and research Responsibles are classified and remunerated according to the higher functions of central administration and studies Director’s State, by virtue of the aforesaid decree n ° 90-228 of July 25th, 1990.
The Director’s functions, in the institute, are classified and remunerated according to the higher functions of the director of State central administration by virtue of the aforesaid Decree No 90-228 on July 25th 1990.
The departments heads tasks, in the institute, are classified and remunerated according to the higher functions of the State central administration’s Sub Director by virtue of the aforesaid decree n ° 90-228 of July 25th, 1990.
The analysts tasks, in the institute, are classified and remunerated according to higher positions of research responsible of central administration, relevant to the subsidiary of « central administration » by virtue of the afore said Decree No. 89-224 of December 5th, 1989.
- The maximum number of studies and research directors is estimated at twelve (12).
- The maximum number of studies managers is estimated at thirty (30).
- The maximum number of analysts is estimated at thirty (30).
- The number of services’ heads is estimated at more than three (03) per technical structure.
The other staff, necessary to the institute’s functioning, is fixed by a common decision of the Minister of Finance and the authority in charge of the civil service.
The institute is a law member in any national structure, in charge of coordinate, assess or control the activity of scientific and technical research.
The institute is associated as a member or observer during any national body’s activity related to consultation or reflection about the situation, political, economic and cultural development as well as defining its strategy concerning international relations.
The institute’s staff benefits from the same compensatory system in force within the Republic Presidency.